Descripción del puesto de trabajo
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Passionate about high-growth companies and have excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills? Are you a demonstrated team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Are you passionate about turning raw data into meaningful business information? We want to hear from you.
As an integral member of Uber's team, you will help the strategic decision-making process and support operational excellence. The ideal candidate for this role should have excellent communication skills, strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly present information.
What you'll do
- Drive analysis on important strategic decisions in order to improve performance
- Roll up your sleeves, take ownership and get the job done
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in new and existing markets
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, expansion efforts, etc.
- Identify, document and quantify the impact and efficiency of our tools and processes
- Support project management of strategic initiatives and special projects related to the existing business, new products and expansion markets
What you'll need
- 3 years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence or related experience, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Excellent analytical skills - you bring Excel proficiency and the understanding that there's always more to learn. The ability to work with large data sets, synthesize findings and communicate recommendations is critical.
- SQL experience is a plus
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Exceptional organisational skills - Time management and great follow through on tasks is important, yet you should also have a comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty and improvisation
- The ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Stakeholder management experience
- Proficiency in English and Spanish
About the Team
As a member of Uber team, you will help the decision-making process and support operational excellence throughout the cities for the ride sharing business.