Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Requisition ID: 171715
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 20%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Cloud Infrastructure Services is the trusted technology partner to support SAP´s business transformation to THE Cloud Company. We strive to provide best-in-class IT Infrastructure Services from data centers to workplace for SAP to increase productivity of SAP employees and act as a showcase.
The Infrastructure Operations organization (CIS IO) within SAP Cloud Infrastructure Services is the core of SAP’s cloud success by providing cloud infrastructure and operations support for several cloud-based IT services SAP is delivering on a global scale. To run these highly scalable and secure cloud infrastructures 7x24 we leverage hardware technologies from Cisco, Lenovo, HPE, Dell, and others to support various operating systems and associated management tools/processes.
Within our Cloud Platform Operations unit, we are building a new group to support SAP’s significant global footprint of bare-metal server hardware in multiple internal- and external-facing cloud platforms. You will be one of the new cloud infrastructure experts joining a fast-paced growth project and will join us shaping the way SAP delivers best-in-class cloud infrastructure operations!
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Technical administrator for the SAP Infrastructure Bare-Metal Server Hardware Management team, coordinate and prioritize tasks and closely interact with the team lead, team members, and management.
- Conceptual design, configuration and administration of bare-metal server hardware for the various SAP cloud platforms
- Drive innovation to optimize, automate and standardize the operational delivery processes
- Manage the daily infrastructure operations to ensure high availability
- Strong collaboration and coordination between DataCenter Operations teams, Vendor Technicians and account managers, and SAP internal business units/customers.
- Troubleshoot across the technology stack - expert level issue resolution
- Understand the architecture of enterprise-level server hardware configurations and provide operational support to customers and delivery teams
- Experience in running cloud infrastructure environments from an end-to-end perspective, ideally covering compute, network and storage at the server hardware level
- Change, Incident, Problem and Escalation management
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering
- Expert knowledge in enterprise-level x86 server hardware configuration and maintenance, particularly Cisco UCS, Lenovo System x, Dell, and HPE ProLiant Enterprise Datacenter Server models
- Deep knowledge in server hypervisors and operating systems (VMware vSphere, Xen, MS Windows Server, SuSE, Redhat)
- Experience working in large-scale datacenter/cloud/network environments and related technologies
- Experience in global project setups and driving assigned work streams in a results-driven way
- You enjoy working in a globally-distributed organization of highly motivated and qualified individuals: We are looking for team players!
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including written and verbal English
- Deep Cisco UCS platform administration knowledge is a major plus
- Experience with any premium enterprise-level datacenter server hardware platform is a significant plus (Lenovo, Dell, HPE, Fujitsu-Siemens, Sun, etc…)
- Virtualization knowledge (XEN, VMware) is of advantage
- Automation Know-How and programming skills are a great plus, including experience with OpenStack Ironic
- General knowledge about SAP solutions and products like HANA, ERP, BW and others
5 years professional experience, out of which minimum 3 years in similar position covering enterprise datacenter server hardware administration in a large scale infrastructure setup in a functional team member role.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations :
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Cloud, ERP, Engineer, Operations, Technology, Engineering