Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Director, Channel Marketing Communications
Honeywell Aerospace has approximately 40,000 employees around the world and 2013 revenue of $12 billion. Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace technologies, products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more. Honeywell Aerospace delivers safe, efficient, productive and more comfortable transportation experiences for manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation aircraft, military and airports through two business units, Air Transport and Regional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space. For more information, please visit aerospace.honeywell.com/ or follow us @honeywell_aerospace.
The Channel Communications Director for Aerospace will lead the global channel strategy and execution of channel marketing campaigns. These campaigns have a singular focus: to help drive sales leads and increase velocity for both sides of our business: commercial and defense. You will utilize your marketing experience to manage channel marketing programs and activities to promote growth and foster relationships with our partners. The Channel Communications Director is also responsible for measuring and tracking performance of those campaigns to drive increased revenue, market share and profitability. This is a team leader position, where you must develop a successful program to partner with the channel to create programs that win new business. This position will coordinate closely with the Marketing Communications and business teams on these lead generation focused activities. In addition, the Channel Communications Director will lead general communications activities in support of the strategic plan globally. The role reports to the Senior Director, Global Marketing Communications.
This individual is customer-centric in his/her approach, has a strong knowledge of best practice customer marketing and communication principles, and is comfortable understanding and using customer insight and analytics to inform decision making.
* In conjunction with sales leadership, lead the creation and implementation of communication strategies and tactical sales collateral for use across targeted sales channels.
* Create process to drive sales through the channel globally, including creating new relationships with channel partnerships, direct marketing, content marketing, and other traditional and digital marketing methods.
* Working collaboratively with sales channel leadership; creatively identify innovative marketing opportunities to deliver incremental share, revenue and profits (i.e. interactive sales tool development).
* Direct the development of B2B lead generation; including leveraging data driven external solutions, content management, and social selling opportunities.
* Effectively manage and optimize the business outbound marketing. Well versed in marketing analytics and the use of results measurement as a means to further accelerate marketing investment and demand generation.
* Develop effective sales tools for partners and internal sales teams leveraging the core content from product marketing and Global teams
* Lead effort to manage multiple, complex, time-critical projects with changing objectives – including ad-hoc and crisis communications projects. As timeline, cost or other problems arise, proactively identify/negotiate solutions.
* Ensure all financial aspects of the function — including budget management and sales pipeline development.
* Devise and implement channel and end customer marketing programs best suited to the market conditions and objectives of the company. Such programs will be particularly designed toward identifying, prospecting, recruiting and closing end customers via a dedicated channel program.
* Work closely with worldwide channel teams to drive consistency throughout regional channel teams, as well as customized approaches when necessary based on cultural differences.
* In conjunction with Sales and C&PS, develop annual marketing plans including: focused messaging; product and distribution positioning; and a communications strategy to deliver effective channel demand generation.
* Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field of study.
* 10+ years of progressive B2B marketing roles n aerospace/or business services
* 6 years of experience in channel marketing
* MBA a plus.
* Track record of success working and influencing a fast-paced, fast-growing, global organization, being persuasive and effective even where no direct reporting relationship exists.
* Strong written, presentation and analytical skills
* Key qualitative attributes: solid blend between critical and creative thinking; outstanding communications; inspires and teams with others; goes the extra mile in getting things done right; at ease spanning across immediate team boundaries; can simultaneously execute in the near-term and plan across longer time horizons
* Salesforce.com experience
* US citizen or permanent resident due to export restrictions
* Bachelor’s degree or completed coursework toward a degree with a focus in Marketing, Business, Public Relations or Communications preferred
* Previous Fortune 100 job experience, and program management experience a plus
* Aerospace industry knowledge a plus
* Direct engagement in social media-related areas
* Previous experience in large complex organizations
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
* Creative and strategic thinker – risk-taker
* Ability to succeed in often interrupt-driven, ambiguous and highly matrixed environments
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence key stake holders
* Ability to establish strong working relationships with key work partners
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team
* “Win and have fun” approach