Descripción del puesto de trabajo
A Cook is responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while consistently contributing to departmental targets.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
What will I be doing?
As a Cook, you are responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Cook will also be required to prepare all mis-en-place and contribute to departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines
* Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
* Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
* Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
* Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
* Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
* Awareness of departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
* Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Cook serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
* NVQ Level 1
* Positive attitude
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work under pressure
* Ability to work on own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
* NVQ Level 2
* Previous kitchen experience in similar role
* Basic food hygiene