Descripción del puesto de trabajo
What You’ll Do
Cisco seeks Customer Support Engineers with Core Networking Technologies background to join it’s Small Business Support Team. Cisco's Small Business Support Team is responsible for supporting Cisco Small Business Product Portfolio worldwide. As a member of the team, the candidate will be responsible for providing Technical Support and technology guidance to Cisco's Small Business portfolio customers. The breadth and diversity of technology exposure is second to none.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate demonstrates a deep understanding and hands of experience on core networking technologies specifically related to Routing, Switching, and Wireless. Out-of-Box thinking, ability to perform under pressure and in disruptive environments, and drive to take initiatives will be essential to be successful in this role.
Who You'll Work With
The person will be responsible for providing technical support for Cisco Small Business products and networking technologies to Cisco's customers and partners world-wide. The breadth and diversity of technology exposure is second to none. All Case Manager Team members have strong fundamental "core" networking skills with specialist technology skills in areas like core networking (Routing & Switching) or advanced technologies like Voice, Security, and Wireless
* Typically reports to a Case Management team manager
* Builds strong team relationships with other Customer Support Engineers, Sales team members, and Engineering team members
* Enjoys sharing knowledge
* Effectively troubleshoots problems both alone and as part of a team, depending on the nature of the incident.
* Connects directly with Cisco customers and builds effective working relationships while solving their issues.
* Manages customer expectations and always aims to leave the customers feeling valued and overall positive about Cisco.
* The engineer will provide technical support to partners and/or customers for Cisco small business products, technologies, and/or solutions.
* The engineer will typically be responsible for resolving moderate to highly complex technical problems, depending on the customers' need.
* The engineer will simulate technical problems in lab environment.
* The engineer will share his/her knowledge with other people.
* The engineer will escalate some specific problems to the responsible Business Units for product enhancement.
* The engineer will work closely with his colleagues and Sales/Engineering team members to achieve common goals.
* The engineer will strive to technical excellence and expertise.
Who You Are
* Strong fundamental "core" networking skills, including Routing, Switching, and Network security (essential)
* Profound knowledge in two or more of the following areas: Routing, Switching, Network Security, and Wireless (essential)
* Knowledge of Voice Networks, VoIP, VoIP protocol (advantageous)
* Strong knowledge of Data Security Fundamentals, Encryption standards, and VPN (advantageous)
* Microsoft SQL experience (advantageous)
* AWS/Azure experience ((advantageous))
* VMware and/or Hyper-v exposure ((advantageous))
* Fluent English speaker (essential)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
* Autonomous worker with team spirit (essential)
* Good team player (essential)
* Eager to learn. Technical aptitude to assimilate new learning quickly (essential)
* Flexible: Able to adapt to a changing environment (essential)
* Out-of-the-box thinker (essential)
* Performs well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change in response to customer demand (essential)
* Capacity and passion to the customers. Good customer engagement (essential)
Industry or Sector Experience:
* Prior experience in a technical support capacity (advantageous).
* Prior experience of high-level technical problem solving (essential)
* BE in Computer Science or equivalent recommended
* Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) (essential)
* Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE) (advantageous)
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco