Descripción del puesto de trabajo
GE Global Operations
Global Operations Latin America
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Customs Operations Specialist supports Customs operational processes ( classification, import/export; special programs etc) compliantly and in an efficient fashion.
* Support Customs Leaders to support Customs operational processes ( classification, import/export; special programs etc) compliantly and in an efficient fashion;
* Assist with auditing customs transactions transactions to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and provide regular reporting of compliance metrics; Provide general guidance, assistance and advice to the businesses in support of their customs operational processes
* Provide general interpretation and communication of requirements to respective GE business or function;
* Communicate and escalate any process or compliance concerns in a timely manner;
* Support programs and projects that take advantage of Free Trade Agreements (including management of certificates of origin) and other duty-savings opportunities; Participate on applicable GE Customs Council Communities
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED or equivalent with at least 4 years experience in Customs, or a Supply Chain related field)
* Minimum 2 years of experience in related area
* University degree in a Customs related area such as supply chain management, business administration, or international trade.
* Self-starter/team player
* Demonstrated ability to think analytically and critically
* Strong communication/interpersonal skills
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications