Descripción del puesto de trabajo
The Market and Consumer Research team shapes the marketing and business direction of Uber by providing data-driven answers to the company’s most important questions. Composed of researchers, data scientists, and engineers, our team makes an impact across Uber by uncovering rich, deep insights that inform the marketing and creative process using brand, position, message, and segmentation research tools.
Our team is customer obsessed, action-oriented and sparks creativity. We produce the highest-quality insights while pioneering innovative research techniques.
As a Marketing Research Data Analyst it is your responsibility to aggregate, unify, and understand business metrics to inform marketing strategy. You’ll be in charge of figuring out how our data streams come together to explain the effect of our work and identify opportunities as business needs and marketing strategy evolves. When the team works with new datasets, your expertise will be called upon to figure out how to ensure data structures enable accurate, timely, and efficient analysis.
* Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering field, or commensurate work experience.
* Experience standardizing and transforming a variety of data sets to prepare them for analysis and integration into products.
* Experience integrating datasets using software or utilizing APIs.
* Expertise with SQL databases -- ideally Vertica, Redshift, and/or Hadoop.
* Familiarity with statistics.
* Experience identifying and adapting to imperfect data.
* Superior communications and presentation skills are required
* Experience working with business data and relating it to interventions and objectives.
* Expertise standardizing, transforming, and using statistics to analyze large data sets.
* Familiarity with modeling.
* Experience with Python, R, or another scripting language.
* Experience visualizing data and creating reports.
* Understanding of quantitative and qualitative market research, segmentation methods, and consumer and brand tracking.