Descripción del puesto de trabajo
- The primary function of this position is to develop and manage the plant’s Safety programs (EHS); and to ensure compliance with the programs by appropriate plant personnel.
* University degree required, with qualification in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent. Relevant advanced degree preferred professional certification preferred (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent).
* English – language capability, speaking, reading & writing required
* 3 years experience with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training. Experience with security operations is a plus.
* Manage the plant’s OSHA & STPS Employee Right-To-Know program.
* Plan and implement training programs required by federal and state regulations.
* Participate in the planning and purchasing decisions regarding the potential EHS impact of new equipment, processes, PPE and construction or renovation.
* Develops recommended EHS budgeting inputs.
* Maintains current information on government Safety regulations and corporate policy.
* Monitors plant compliance with government Safety regulations and corporate policy.
* Prepares required reports, plans, and other government EHS filings and insures timely and accurate submissions.
* Coordinate with manufacturing ergonomics issues.
* Coordinate medical service & security guards.
* Coordinate Ergonomics & Job Safety Analysis Team.
* Coordinate Emergency Response Team
* Coordinate Accident Investigation Team
* Implements, promotes and maintains a safe work environment by implementing a culture of accidents prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and application of rules. Identify, control and administer risk and danger in own area.
* Promotes the company’s mission and vision by actively supporting Eaton’s ethics and values as well as quality policies.
* Motivate and coach employees to maintain high levels of satisfaction, productivity, and quality through effectively utilizing available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote desired behaviors and results.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and
machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that
we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on
power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the
environment with power management technologies that are more reliable,
efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that
our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient,
transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle
some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for
this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is
committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants
and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons
regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic
information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.