Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Requisition ID: 172192
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
- We are looking for a Senior Cloud Ops Escalation/De-Escalation Engineer focusing on both soft and physical layers of our global operations. We are looking for an engineer who will focus on our HCM suite of software delivery, with a focus on Operations as a part of the software solution.
- Like traditional Operations, our goal is to ensure critical systems continue to run, perform well and scale for an ever increasing demand. Unlike traditional Operations, you will have visibility into all tiers of the service, from code to application lifecycle to infrastructure.
- What makes this position unique is the need for an incredibly strong technical background , combined with leadership abilities with a history of problem solving and driving down time to resolution on service impacting events. Your mission will be to proactively own high severity escalations, lead the technical engagement and restore operational state to service as in a minimal amount of time. We want people who love to solve problems!
- You will have not only the freedom but the directive own the issue and control of the resources necessary to resolve the issue. You will also be a core driver in identifying gaps as well as defining, driving and updating escalation methodologies used. Everything you work on is geared to the big picture of Software as a Service availability. You are semi-autonomous of the other Engineering and Delivery teams, so your role is to provide an independent eye and perspective on what we deliver with a focus on availability, performance and risk. You will be required to work cross organizationally, with responsible teams, to drive and achieve these goals.
- Technologies engaged will include, but are not limited to: Java based applications, .NET based applications, network and storage, compute, database, and various monitoring solutions.
- Within our team, we practice a trust-based working model. If you need to work flexibly from another location or at another time you can do so given your manager’s agreement.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Take leadership and drive technical escalations to resolution to ensure maximum availability and performance
- Encourage and drive innovative thinking to solve complex problems
- Drive solutions for major escalations in complex environments, in cooperation with development, infrastructure and operations
- Identify areas of issue, concern or weakness and work cross functionally to deliver solutions to improve the availability, scalability, performance and efficiency of SAP SuccessFactors’ service.
- Identify problems relating to mission critical services and push requirements to aid in recovery automation and avoid problem reoccurrence.
- Work with DevOps, Development and Delivery to capture and drive root cause remediation data and requirements.
- Be an advocate for continuous improvement of service and design
- Mentor developing talents and engineers
- 5+ years of software development, operations or support engineering
- Experience with data structures, technical analysis (code or infrastructure) and/or software design
- Experience in the design, analysis and triage of large-scale distributed systems
- Experience driving technical solutions
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field – or equivalent applied experience.
- Fluent English highly proficient in communicating to customers and external audiences
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability in a team with diverse backgrounds in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Strong verbal, written communications skills and presentation skills
- Interaction with multi-national colleagues
- While a detailed knowledge of HCM Cloud product set is not required, must be prepared to rapidly obtain strong familiarly with core products and technology set
- Strong candidates will have experience with multiple technology layers and an understanding of operations and development methodologies. However, we encourage the diversity of the technologies among the team. Therefore, talent specifically expertise in one technology realm would also be very much welcome:
- Programmatic language development (e.g. JAVA) and/or strong OS, database and infrastructure knowledge
- Familiarity with SaaS or Software Cloud architecture, including web services and application services (deployment, scalability, monitoring)
- Understanding of infrastructure and networking methodologies and practices including but not limited to TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc.
- Understanding of Linux/Unix based systems from kernel, shell, scripting, etc.
- Solid Understanding of Enterprise / Service Provider Data Center Architecture (high density servers, backbone routers/switches, load balancers, SAN/NAS)
- Solid understanding of IT security principles and disaster recovery
- Strong technical grounding & experience with enterprise database technology (e.g. MaxDB, Sybase, HANA, Oracle, MS SQL) a plus
- Strong familiarity Enterprise class Fault Monitoring and Performance Management tools
- We appreciate: Industry Technical Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, OCA, RHCE, etc.) and ITIL related courseware
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations :
Job Segment: Cloud, ERP, Engineer, Cisco, Operations, Technology, Engineering