Descripción del puesto de trabajo
HP is a fortune 100 company, the market leader in commercial personal systems and printing, driving innovation that empowers people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies such as 3D printing, immersive computing, hyper mobility, Internet of all things and smart machines.
Act as a leader within the Latin America controllership and wider finance organization for Centralized countries.
* Drive engagement with key customers such us Country Managing Directors, Country Leadership Team to play advisory role and maintain regular partnership while driving end-to-end value
* Responsible for maintaining high-performance team environment and skill level through engagement, training, mentoring and providing leadership and development opportunities
* Full accountability for ensuring the delivery of all accounting & tax compliance related activities
* You will manage the key controls within the domain of responsibility to ensure compliance with legal and accounting requirements (e.g., Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Accounting Financial Manual (AFM) and Local Country legislation)
* Fulfils the function of finance leader and in country management team member on various committees to ensure ethics, compliance and fiduciary management of the finance function for the in-scope legal entities.
* Proactively drives process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function globally.
* Provides leadership during implementation of business-wide programs and products.
* Manages internal and external audit process.
* Monitor country legal profitability and actions as needed.
* Sign-off on legal entity financials and pre-tax earnings forecast for in-scope legal entities
* Support compliance programs and projects:
* Ensure that the country’s Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) key controls, including the controls that team is directly responsible, are functioning through ongoing monitoring, review, and driving accountability.
* Conduct frequent reviews of balance sheet account reconciliation quality, balance sheet fluctuations, and unusual accounting judgments and contingent liabilities.
* Collaborate with global functions such as credit and collections, treasury, back-office accounting and legal to optimize their support and facilitate their function’s goal achievement.
* Ensure compliance with all state, federal and local regulatory and reporting requirements, HP policies and standards of business conduct through strong oversight and active engagement with the country / region leadership team
* Act as a finance liaison for Standards of Business Conduct (SBC) adoption and compliance in country and be part of country SBC council
An excellent finance professional with:
* proven 15+ year of experience in a variety of finance functions
* proven knowledge of US and local GAAPs and understanding of local tax laws
* fluent Spanish and excellent English language skills (oral and written)
A strong leader and great people manager with:
* a unique voice and a talent to partner with executive management level individuals
* excellent customer and incredible focus on trust and credibility
* strong ethics and transparency in dealings with team and all stakeholders and building relationships across teams, cultures and geographies
An impactful visionary with:
* drive & a creative power to meet continuous challenges of the role
* ability to adopt pragmatic and flexible approach
* multi-tasking and prioritization skills and ability to manage fast moving and market-orientated work environment
We love our work environment. We think you will too:
* It’s a friendly atmosphere with supportive leaders to bring your creativity to max
* Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to help you make an impact to communities at large