Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Will develop firmware for microcontrollers for solid-state electricity meters and AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) and AGI (Advanced Grid Infrastructure) devices used in utility communication systems. Responsibilities include creating detailed product specifications from commercial requirements; designing, implementing and testing real-time embedded firmware; and supporting manufacturing and customer/field issues. Work will be done as part of an Agile development team.
The position requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering or similar discipline, and 3-5 years of experience in real-time embedded C programming. Candidates with a master’s degree and less experience will also be considered. Must be familiar with device drivers and interrupt handlers, multi-threaded, multi-tasking Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), object-oriented design concepts, and revision control and bug-tracking systems. Candidate will design and document the solution and implement and unit test the firmware. Candidate must be able to develop detailed product specifications to describe the functionality and facilitate product verification testing. The ideal candidate will have experience with metering products, low-power designs, and AMR/AMI systems. Candidate will interface directly with hardware designers, lab technicians, manufacturing and marketing personnel, as well as with fellow firnware engineers. The ideal candidate will be resourceful, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Preferred candidate will also demonstrate ability to lead teams and make and communicate architectural design decisions.
* Experience in embedded firmware development using C and assembly languages. Candidate must be familiar with development tools and follow coding conventions.
* Experience with microntrollers and interfacing microcontrollers to a variety of peripheral devices and other microcontrollers
* Ability to design and document firmware solutions
* Ability to debug problems using in-circuit emulators, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and other test equipment
* Ability to work individually or in a team environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Masters Degree
* Experience working in an Agile development environment and using Agile project tools, such as Rally
* Experience using scripting languages such as Python