Descripción del puesto de trabajo
A Guest Service Agent helps the Front Office Team the Front Office Team (Guest Service Agents, Operators and Bell Attendants) to ensure that our Guests receive an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
What will I be doing?
A Guest Service Agent helps the Front Office Team, you are part of the Front Office Team which is the main connection between Guests, the Hotel and the various hotel departments. You are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Assign and instruct Guest Service Agents, Operators and Bell Attendants in details of work
* Manage front desk operations by completing a checklist of important daily tasks, determining room and rate availability and making decisions that are in the best interest of the hotel. Assist Guest Service Agents, Operators, Reservation Agents, Bell Attendants and other departments with any questions or requests
* Resolve customer complaints by conducting thorough investigation of the situation and coming up with the most effective resolution
* Prepare and conduct daily pre-shift meetings, communicate effectively with all staff and provide them with any information necessary to provide guest service in accordance with Hilton Standards
* Perform other duties assigned by the Front Office Manager or Assistant Front Office Manager
* Respond promptly to guest requests for a supervisor of manager
* Ensure that a detailed hand over is carried out between shifts including the volume of business, special guests, tasks to be clarified/completed and any special events that are taking place
* Ensure a high level of product knowledge of the hotel and the local area, and know what is happening in the hotel
* Ensure our customers receive a fast, efficient and friendly check in and check out
* Ensure all customers' queries or requests are handled in a polite, efficient manner and a high level of customer service is consistently maintained
* Preparation and co-ordination of group arrivals/departures. - Ensure a good performance oriented working environment within the department and motivate the staff
* Participate regularly in training courses and put the skills learned there into practice
* Receives payment by cash, credit cards, cheques, etc. and is able to post these in the computer correctly
* Have detailed knowledge of the fire, safety and evacuation procedures of the hotel
* Have knowledge of all the equipment and installations on the Executive Floor, and able to work there independently in conformity with the established standard and take over shifts if necessary
What are we looking for?
A Guest Service Executive serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
* Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information to resolve conflicts
* Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use and operation of a calculator to prepare complex mathematical calculations without error
* Ability to listen effectively and comprehend the English language to understand and obtain instructions and information
* Ability to see and hear in order to observe and detect signs of emergency situations