Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and one billion trips later, we’ve stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion—one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
Using technology, Uber makes it quick and easy for people headed in the same direction at the same time to share their journey. It’s carpooling at the press of a button. And by getting more people into fewer cars we’ve proven you can reduce congestion and pollution overtime. uberPOOL in Los Angeles, for example, cut the number of kilometers driven across town by 12.7 million and carbon dioxide pollution by 1,400 metric in just eight months in Los Angeles.
Longer term, we’re optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible.
About Communications at Uber
The most successful consumer technology companies are brilliant storytellers, who put their products—as well as the benefits of those products—front and center in every communication.
Our communications team is responsible for telling Uber’s story to the media and third parties: whether it’s transforming how we get around town and the lives of people who value independent, flexible work; or cutting congestion in cities by getting more backsides into fewer cars. That’s partly about building lasting relationships with the key news outlets and journalists in every country where we operate. It also about being creative in how we tell our story, including using social media, as well as working with the public policy team to develop campaigns that make the positive case for reform.
About this Role
We are looking for someone to work on our Communications team in Mexico City. This role will involve:
* Establishing Uber’s brand and profile with the media and third parties; and
* Working to tell our story—and the story of ridesharing—in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with journalists and on social media
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience with proven track record in communications, including leading a team or a proven leader in another walk of life, who intuitively gets this stuff and may be looking for a career change
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Stuff changes fast in our world so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- A great advocate: We’re looking to create new regulatory frameworks that encourage innovation and alternatives to individual car ownership. You’ll need the intellectual fire power to grasp complex policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how apps like Uber can help improve transportation for everyone—both orally and in writing.
- A strong campaigner: Smartphone apps are disruptive, and the interests being disrupted are deeply entrenched. So you’ll need to put together proactive campaigns involving passengers, drivers and third parties that demonstrate there’s a better alternative to today’s outdated status quo.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
*** Please send your resume in English**