Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Power Power Conversion
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Lead Supplier Quality Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will use your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
* Responsible for driving quality for assigned suppliers, improving quality performance via QualityPlan implementation
* Drive supplier selection through robust qualification processesAccelerate improvements in supplier quality and deliver value
* Develop positive relationships and work closely with Sourcing Leaders to manage and implementsupplier/engineering changes, New Product Introductions, and transfersInterface with Suppliers and Supply chain to drive Quality improvements
* Deliver results as measured by key metrics, such as supplier yield, field cost, field defect rate,supplier quality plan engagement/effectiveness, and corrective & preventative action closure
* Drive improvements utilizing Supplier Scorecards and own Supplier audit, ensuring suppliercompliance, and driving improvement plansUnderstand and drive Six Sigma quality internally and with suppliers
* Provide Quality Engineering expertise requiring advanced/specialized skills and a broad range ofquality engineering expertiseSpecify, develop, and accept advanced technology, quality information and test equipment
* Provide advanced Quality Engineering of new product introduction involving new processes oradvanced automated equipment
* Provide technical expertise to customers/licensees in solving technical problems associated withtest facilities
* Provide correlation with GE facilitiesAct as consultant to the Quality, Manufacturing and Engineering organizations to improve Qualityand Manufacturing processes, introduce new products and improve product design
* Specify and develop product acceptance/test procedures that relate to a complex process (stateof-the-art) or highly complex productProvide leadership role during investigations of major problems and of special projects
* Bachelor Engineering degree (Mechanical or Industrial highly preferred)
* At least 7-10 years of experience in a Sourcing or Quality Improvement role, ideally in a Supplier Quality Engineer role.
* Experience in a Motor Manufacturing company or at least experience in a mechanical industrialenvironment including fabrication, machining, painting, casting and assembly.
* Fluency in English
* Travel availability up to 20-30% of time
* Track record of supplier approval and qualifications
* Track record of Supplier AuditingAbility to understand and read technical drawings (mechanical)Familiar with general compliance regulations
* Working experience with SAP
* Experience operating in a matrix environment in a multinational companySelf driver with proactive approach
* Strong communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Strategic thinker and strong business acumen
* Ability to cope with multiple complex situations daily
* Proven Negotiation skills