Descripción del puesto de trabajo
*Requisition ID: *136271
*Work Area: *Sales
*Expected Travel: *0 - 10%
*Career Status: *Professional
*Employment Type: *Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
The Presales Manager leads and manages a team of Presales Specialists and/or Principals. A Presales Manager provides leadership and mentoring for their team, and develops the team members’ solution and sales skills to optimize team performance. A Presales Manager must possess strong solution selling and value-based selling skills. In many cases, a Presales Manager is also aligned to a solutions specialization or Line-of-Business category and is responsible for insuring the Region or Market Unit’s readiness for adequately selling those solutions.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
Team Development Task:
* Identify areas of development for each team member and work with each to define and execute a tailored learning plan. Foster an atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement.
* Monitor the development activities for your team members toward their industry and solution learning goals.
* Provide feedback and coaching to your team members after dry-runs, demos and presentations in order to help them hone their skills.
* Provide formal oral and written feedback to your team members during semi-annual performance management reviews.
* Propel all your team members toward their revenue targets. Involve each team member in at least one deal per quarter, and aim for target quota attainment by most of your team members.
* Help develop the larger presales organization through leadership of a Solution Hub which provides enablement and a voice of the field to solution management.
Solution Readiness Tasks:
* Participate in the Solution Hub by ensuring enablement needs for your MU or Region are achieved based on the skill-gaps on your team.
* Maintain a high-level knowledge of SAP’s solution suite in the specialization area of responsibility.
* Understand the key competitors and insure their team members understand and leverage SAP’s unique value wedges in every customer interaction.
* Build key relationships and maintain a network of people in the IBU through the Solution Hubs that can be leveraged for market unit/regional support when necessary.
* Understand fully the demo assets and enablement assets that should be leveraged in the market unit/region and making sure any gaps in needs are addressed.
* Engage in supporting marketing events in assigned specialization where appropriate.
* As a people manager, you are responsible for supporting the success of not only your direct reports, but the success of all employees within the larger team you are a part by helping to identify development opportunities and supporting team members to achieve their goals. You are expected to know about the members of your extended team and share insights with your peer managers. Look for opportunities to coach and recognize employees directly and provide just-in-time feedback so that employees can reflect on your input immediately.
- 8+ years of relevant presales experience with 1-2 years of people management experience
- Proficiency in one or more application areas from SAP solutions.
- Experience in:
- People Management
- Performance Management
- Sales and sales processes
- Delivery of high volume short duration work packages
- Building and motivating teams
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor equivalent: minimum requirement
- Master equivalent: optional
- MBA / Ph.D.: optional
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Car[email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
*Job Segment: * ERP, Manager, Marketing Manager, SAP, Cloud, Technology, Management, Marketing