Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Management level definitions
Applies basic foundation of a function's principles, theories and concepts to assignments of limited scope. Uses professional concepts and theoretical knowledge acquired through specialized training, education or previous experience. Develops expertise and practical knowledge of applications within business environment. Acts as team member by providing information, analysis and recommendations in support of team efforts. Exercises independent judgment within defined parameters.
Learn more about HP's global Management levels.
- Managing New Product Introduction (NPI) service readiness reference data activities and for all Americas (AMS) Consumer PS products.
- Updating multiple systems, tools and files to ensure product and parts support readiness.
- Assign Part flagging for AMS Consumer PS and Printing products.
- NPI system escalations: solve problems, enable system changes (SPI, NPI ADT, Newton escalations, ETPS2, WWClass, Pmaster)
- Facilitate ORs (Operational Request) for Post NPI changes in Newton (Wty, Service type, NPF, etc.)
- NPI readiness support system validation.
- Process audits (CTO Phantom).
- Part lifecycle management for AMS Consumer PS and Printing products.
- Manages stakeholder relationships
Education and Experience Required
Associate degree or equivalent.
1+ years in project leadership role or in like roles.
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience with Intermediate to advanced VBA skills is a plus.
- Experience with HP System SPI, and Global Newton a plus
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of data entry and maintenance
- Excellent English Knowledge (verbal and written communication)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Process improvement mentality
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and exercise independent judgment
- Excellent written, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to adapt to changes quickly and positively