Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Power Industrial Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Administrative and Executive Support. Positions requiring understanding of concepts, methods, procedures and approaches. The Project Management Specialist-Document Control will provide administrative support, project order management, and be directly involved in exciting large projects within industries such as Mining, Construction, etc. The Document Control Specialist will work closely with Project Managers to ensure customer contractual requirements are met.
* Office and administrative assistance to teams or individuals (Should not include calendar management and other personal support agenda).
* Elaborates proposals for improvement in approaches, methods, procedures and processes in the own field.
* Communication with direct colleagues and the business about design and coordination services rendered.
* Contributes to project as a team member.
* Primary customer contact. Resolve specification and commercial issues, manage correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate / coordinate with staff as appropriate.
* Read and adhere to project contract requirements with regard to document control.
* Own document submittal processes.
* Maintain the flow of project files, revisions, submittals and receivables.
* Maintain vendor document registers (VDR) for all projects managed by team.
* Interface with customer websites.
* Control distribution of all technical data.
* Process and maintenance of Request for Information (RFIs)v
* Track and expedite outstanding items due to the customer or to GE.
* Act as support for project management team on project communications.
* Assist the team in the daily operations and project coordination including expediting drawings, shipments, etc.
* Organize, schedule and coordinate meetings as requested.
* Establish and create new document control procedures where needed.
* Compile O&M manuals.
* Responsible for on-time delivery in accordance with contract.
* Responsible for project risk issues including receivables, claims, contract changes, margin enhancement, and effective project closeout, associated to documents deliverables..
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma).
* Experience working in the Electrical Distribution Industry and/or EPC Project Management, preferably in Documents Control roles.
* Proficient English Speaker.
* Sense of urgency in dealing with issues and tasks.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools, PowerPoint / Excel / Access.
* Strong team player and customer centric attitude.
* Proven Clear Communication Skills.
* Proven negotiation, influencing and persuasion skills.
* Proven strong problem solving skills.
* Ability to work independently and/or remote.
* GED with at least 4 years of experience in Project Management.
* Aconex and Windchill Knowledge.
* Experience working in a matrix and global environment.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Analytical / Clear Thinker.
* Strong relevant experience in project management.