Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Passionate about high-growth business and have excellent accounting skills? Are you a demonstrated team player, strategic thinker and executor? If you answered yes to the above questions then we want to talk with you. This role will report to the Reporting and Compliance Director for LATAM and will help drive month end close and implement process change within the accounting team. In this exciting role you will have an impact on the way the accounting team is built, processes are implemented and the business expands globally.
What you'll do
- Maintain a project plan and calendar for all compliance deadlines in conjunction with our global compliance partner to ensure adherence to all deadlines
- Develop and implement process improvements, document desktop procedures and processes to achieve efficiencies
- Ensure accurate and complete recording of statutory books and reconciliation on a monthly basis. Identifies key account differences and lead staff through reconciliation process
- Support reconciliation of US GAAP books and statutory books to according schedule
- Proactively pursue business issues that impact the general ledger and evaluate the situation for acceptable solutions. Propose resolution to management and other affected areas/departments
- Assist in communication with international entities and consolidations
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Help with change requests for new countries that come on line or as needed or additional requests for the region
- Develop new ideas and processes to increase efficiency or to address service levels as needed
- Prepare journal entries, maintain and reconcile ledger accounts
- Perform financial statement analyses and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations to help management with business decisions
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 5 years professional experience, with at least 2 years relevant month-end close experience
- Team player mindset, you are self motivated and willing to take on challenges to help the team
- Ability to interact with all departments and levels throughout our organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP is preferred
- CPA preferred
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, healthcare, gym reimbursement and equity (shares options)
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.