Descripción del puesto de trabajo
*About the *Senior Buyer Paper & Print LATAM
The role has responsibility for coordinating the strategic sourcing and cost optimization of paper and printed materials across Latin America. This role has an impact for gross margin development in the region.
Support a regional portfolio of printed packaging materials. Develop, implement and continually improve purchasing strategies, tools and techniques in order to maximise the company’s results such as the top and bottom line growth and net working capital reduction.
The role will work in partnership with a highly successful and dynamic business and shape under supervision the purchasing strategy of a group of materials and/or services with close involvement with the Supply function, Research & Development, Finance and Marketing.
* Directly accountable for a group of materials (paper and printed materials) sourced across Latin America. Working in a cross functional basis with primarily the local strategic procurement teams, but also the Supply Org., R&D, Marketing and Finance.
* Responsible for a group of Printed Packaging materials acting independently, following very broad policies and directions from the Management. Will be entitled to present and decide or get approval (depending on spend) for purchasing strategies and contracting terms. Will take relevant decisions when conducting sourcing processes regardless total spend.
* Developing world-class suppliers that can bring or jointly develop innovative products that will also impact top line growth.
* Responsible for the development and maintenance of a supplier base that can generate competitive advantage in Region despite cultural and geographical differences.
* The role includes activities in order to design a proper supplier base across the region as well as to keep a relationship with major suppliers that will guarantee access to innovation.
* Cost, quality & service, innovation, speed to market, fast roll-out and net-working capital improvement are the most important business needs with different focus and prioritisation in the managed portfolio.
* Medium level contracting activities involving development and supply of products, intellectual property, third party investments, etc…in order to protect the business and minimise/avoid liabilities. It also includes preparing and recommending assumptions of material costs for budgeting process for the managed portfolio.
* The role encompasses relationship/networking with other functions such as R&D, Marketing, Finance and Regional Supply.
* Relevant experience of Procurement, at least 4 years. Commodity (Printed Packaging materials) experience an advantage.
* Degree qualified preferably in Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, Business or other relevant discipline. MBA advantageous.
* Ability to work in a truly global organisation. Proven experience of working in a fast moving and result driven environment which demands to work under pressure most of the time.
* High degree of fluency of English is required for negotiations and internal communications. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
* High level negotiation, influencing and communication skills.