Descripción del puesto de trabajo
*Requisition ID: *142216
*Work Area: *Consulting and Professional Services
*Expected Travel: *0 - 80%
*Career Status: *Executive
*Employment Type: *Regular Full Time
*Career Level: *T5
*Recruiter Name: *Yolette Caldwell
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
The Senior Delivery Executive is responsible for the overall delivery of large, complex, global projects with the objective of being in-scope, on-budget, on-schedule, and consistent with quality standards. These projects may generate revenue of $5-$10 million, impact multiple countries and service lines as well as require offshoring and virtual teams. DEs may also lead smaller projects if the implementation involves a new product or is in a new service line or industry. Finally, the Senior DE will report into the DBS LAC Professional Services Head.
The role serves as a trusted advisor on the project strategy and implementation of the product roadmap, promoting customer satisfaction throughout the sales, implementation, and post go-live phases. The Senior DE must maintain a global view of the customer and the project, and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the implications of implementing various SAP solutions in different global regions.
The Senior DE collaborates with the SAM, Project Management team, and C-level executives. Acting as a single point of contact for the customer, the Senior DE retains a large internal network and a strong comprehension of SAP systems to effectively and efficiently address customer issues and questions. The Senior DE resolves high-profile project and contract management escalations, informing C-level executives as necessary.
Due to the complexities of the implementations, the Senior DE has a strong risk orientation and is able to balance attention to detail with the overall goals of the implementation. He or she closely monitors the margin and dedicated resources to ensure the appropriate allocation of skills and support.
The DE II spends a significant portion of his or her time overseeing the work of Project Managers and Service Providers, reviewing status reports, and monitoring the dedicated resource allocation and expected margin to ensure the project remains in-scope, on budget, and on-schedule.
To successfully guide the Project Managers, the Senior DE demonstrates a strong knowledge of the team’s roles and responsibilities.
The Senior DE works to remove silos across SAP and the customer’s organization to mitigate risks and identify synergies.
* Serve as an end-to-end trusted advisor, providing exceptional service and adapting strategy to meet customer needs
* Advise on the product roadmap and 3-5 year strategy with the SAM, continually reinforcing the value of SAP’s portfolio
* Establishes and influences program governance to openly discuss issues and concerns and act as the primary contact
* Coordinate and prioritize SAP requests to meet with the customer to limit the number of interactions the customer has with SAP and improve the experience
* Conduct due diligence on sales opportunities, pitch proposals, and review the resourcing strategy
* Oversee the project team, offering guidance and escalating concerns
* Hold customer and team accountable, initiating performance improvement conversations as necessary
* Communicate with the team and customers to build credibility and ensure all parties are informed of the strategy, major issues, and dependencies
* Navigate SAP to locate answers to customer questions effectively and efficiently
* Submit status reports to leadership to ensure alignment with corporate strategy
* Maintain thorough understanding of ERP solutions to increase consumer confidence, sell services, and lead implementations
* Quickly learn the customer’s business strategy and apply the knowledge gained from past engagements
CORE AND LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- Applied Learning
- Building a Successful Team
- Building Partnerships
- Building Trust
- Business Acumen
- Cultivating Networks
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Driving for Results
- Gaining Commitment
- Leadership through Purpose and Values
*TECHNICAL AND FUNCTIOLACL COMPETENCIES *
- Project Management
- Project Management Tools and Methodologies
- Financial Knowledge
- Product and Technical Knowledge
- Organizational Knowledge
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- On-time delivery in relation to project milestones
- Overall financial performance in relation to project budget
- Customer satisfaction – feedback and customer’s willingness to be a reference
- 360 feedback from project team
- Financial performance as measured in margin, profitability, regional statistics
- Utilization of project team members
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Participation as a mentor
- MBO achievement
- Identification of sales opportunities
- Participant in DBS leadership initiatives
The Senior Delivery Executive (DE) provides effective project / program oversight for one or more Value or Strategic accounts. In this partially billable role, the Senior DE works closely with the customer, the Services Client Partner, and other partners to ensure the overall success of the implementation of SAP solutions and is a significant contributor to the overall success of the customer relationship. The Senior DE is responsible for ensuring that effective Program Governance is established for each account and is the primary point person from delivery aligned to the customer executives throughout the services lifecycle, from sales support through implementation and post-go-live. In addition to delivery support, the Senior DE is responsible for positioning additional SAP Services in support of the success of the customer. The Senior DE may be required to provide oversight for Program and Project Managers, and ensures engaged in their account(s).
*EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS *
- Assists the SAP license sales team in the closing of any software deals by providing oversight to the implementation planning & estimating, and coordinating multiple SAP LOBs and partners as required.
- Builds credibility / trust with Strategic & Value Account customers in solution support solution implementation phase, continually reinforce the value of SAP solutions and services by establishing proactive relationships that provide the foundation for future.
- During implementations, manage overall services relationship between customer, partner and SAP to ensure that projects / programs are delivered on-time, within budget and with the highest levels of customer satisfaction through billable consulting.
- Business development - actively identifies and develops business opportunities; creates long term value plans with customer to achieve customer business objectives and expanding SAP services on the account.
- Responsible for analyzing and executing on strategic projects, building consensus among stakeholders, ensuring alignment of project tactics with corporate strategy and communicating project goals at a strategic level
- Provides guidance to the SAP project team including resource strategy, issues and escalation management, project execution and general information. Work with CP when new Service Sales opportunities are identified to expand business and continually inform Management of opportunity status and revenue KPIs for their Value or Strategic Account(s)
- Provide talent and workforce management by following a strong career framework which includes skills enhancement and career development planning.
- Support administrative and cultural excellence by demonstrating behaviors consistent with our values based culture: Customer Focus, Quality, Product Excellence, Integrity, Commitment, and Passion.
Competencies & Skills / SAP Values
Go here to see explanations of the scales (1-4) for each Competency type.
Please also refer to the Sap Values & Passions in the SAP Portal
* Applied Learning
* Building a Successful Team
* Building Partnerships
* Building Trust
* Business Acumen
* Customer Focus
* Decision Making
* Driving for Results
* Leading through Purpose and Values
* Gaining Commitment
* Cultivating Networks
Technical and Functional Competencies
- Project management |
* Project management Tools and Methodologies
* Financial Knowledge
* Product and Technical Knowledge
* Organizational Knowledge
* Industry Knowledge
* Project management
Experience & Educational Requirements
* 10-15 years SAP services sales and services delivery experience including services management experience. Major Systems Integrator experience preferred.
* ERP implementation leadership experience required including PMP certification.
* Track record of achieving revenue and margin goals while managing multiple client projects of meaningful scope and duration.
* Proven ability to build trusted relationships at the client executive level.
* Ability to effectively manage and resolve client escalations.
* Demonstrated leadership by example style in managing teams and clients.
* Prior experience leading SAP implementation teams is not required but strongly preferred.
- BA/BS degree required / MBA Desired
*Professional Training & Certification *
- Relevant certifications (eg, PMP) can be found on the Portal: List of Certifications
*Potential Next Vertical Career Step: *
* DBS LAC Service and Support Partner (SSP)
* DBS Delivery Director
* DBS MU
* GCO LAC GAD
Guideline for Next Vertical Career Step
- Ability to coach and teach others
- Building sophistication around technical and business strategy setting
- Building sophistication around driving cross-functional management teams
- Lead others to high performance
- Show financial and business acumen across LOBs
- Show high growth
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 100%
* Business travel requirements: across all LAC – and some potential Global
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
*Job Segment: * ERP, Consulting, Business Development, Cloud, SAP, Technology, Sales