Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Requisition ID: 171428
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
A Technical Quality Manager (TQM) works for customers which have signed a Premium Engagement contract, such as SAP MaxAttention or SAP Active Embedded. The aim of this role is to give customers a long term relationship with better access to SAP for topics related to solution operations, project success and adopting innovation in their SAP centric solutions. The TQM manages the selection and delivery services out of the SAP portfolio of proactive and reactive support services at the right point in time. The TQM also acts as a link to all relevant SAP departments and the SAP Partners for all phases of the customer lifecycle.
The content of a Premium Engagement is defined in a contract. The exact scope is getting agreed during regular alignment meetings between the customer, Service and Support Lead or Engineering Architect, TQMs and the SAP Account team.
The TQM needs to understand and has to work with several areas of a customer organization:
- Customer IT Department:
Usually the IT department is the main driver inside a customer organization for the Premium Engagement. The TQM has therefore to closely work with and understand the needs of the main stakeholders in the IT department. In the IT department also typically the project leads are located, which are main contact partners for Premium Engagements supporting implementation or maintenance projects.
- Customer Business Departments
To deliver value in the Premium Engagement the TQM has to understand the underlying business requirements of a customer. This includes understanding the “real-live” business of the customer with its requirements coming from the customer’s customers, the competitive market situation, the partner eco-system and the requirements of the end users.
- Customer Purchasing Department
To make sure the customer sees value in the engagement and will continue the engagement, the TQM also needs to understand why the customer has signed the Premium Engagement Contract.
The TQM can be a generalist with a strong technical background to organize support for the customer, or a specialist to support customers in particular areas directly or a mixture of both.
Career Level Summary:
On career Level “Senior” the TQM works typically on complex customer software solutions with one or few projects. He or she can work independently in this environment and takes the required steps to involve SAP Backoffice functions when needed. The Senior TQM identifies areas where the DBS engagement can add value to the customer IT and business departments and aligns these with the Service and Support Lead or Engineering Architect and SAP Account team.
Larger service plans and support programs such as Engineering Services are aligned directly with customer senior management successfully and the Senior TQM is proficient in communication with CIOs (or equivalent) of medium size companies. A Senior TQM might also take over one of the following roles of an engagement: Cloud & Support Lead, Technical Lead
- Technical evaluation and documentation of customer situation
The Senior TQM gets a detailed understanding of the customer situation, including solution landscape (cloud and on-premise), core business processes, interfaces, critical projects and top issues and makes sure they are documented in the SAP Solution Manager.
The Senior TQM is able to understand and judge importance of all issues raised and recommendations given in SAP DBS Services and can execute follow-up if necessary. He or she is able to quickly adopt technology and application knowledge required for holistic support of the customer solution. For general SAP technology and application questions he or she can give an answer directly. For more specific topics evaluation and solution is driven by the Senior TQM in cooperation with the CoE.
Identification of risks and top issues
Identification of technical risks and top issues.
Ensure resolution of issues and top issues according to engagement deliverables
Create an action plan for resolution of the customer‘s issues and top issues. Involve SAP Backoffice organization, SAP experts, as well as experts from the customer and partners.
Drive the execution of action plans for customers issues and top issues by coordinating the involvement of required SAP experts, as well as experts from the customer and partners onsite and remote during service delivery and root cause analysis activities
Decide about escalation of critical situations at the appropriate time to the appropriate organization, such as DBS Mission Critical Support, SAP DBS senior management, or the SAP Account Team.
Execution of the Engagement Plan
Execution of the “Engagement Plan” to safeguard and optimize projects and operations.
Quality Management for Implementation or Upgrade Projects
Analysis of system landscape and technical issues
Technical analysis of core business processes for all applications
Ensure test management is implemented according to SAP Standards
Evaluation of the project plan
Quality Management for Business Continuity
Align necessary actions with customer for business continuity according to SAP Best Practices
Ensure setup and training of customer for Root Cause Analysis
Drive establishment of system monitoring procedures as well as monitoring of business process and interfaces
Provide support to manage data volumes to control business data growth
Business process monitoring and exception handling
Quality Management for Business Process Improvement
Identify top issues and improvement potential for the areas of
Implementation of the Business Process in the Solution Landscape (incl. SAP and non- SAP applications).
Drive implementation of the improvements found
Quality Management for Protection of investment
Develop/Validate master plan for IT-landscape strategy
Release and enhancement package strategy
Avoid and minimize custom code / Ensures custom code is documented
Make sure upgrade projects are executed according to SAP standards and support customer analyzing impact of custom code for upgrades
Ensures change management control and request processes are implemented according to SAP standards
All of the above quality management actions include review of services delivered by SAP as part of the engagement, as well as technical analysis in the customer systems and discussions with main stakeholders from the customer or partner organizations and other SAP lines of business. Reviewing the success of actions done by the customer, SAP partners, and all SAP departments and adaption of the action and support plan is also included.
* Management of service and action plan
* Define a service plan based on customer’s project plan and top issues in accordance with the contract situation.
The Senior TQM knows the relevant SAP delivery portfolio and finds the best possible way to deliver effectively for maximizing the customer value and increasing SAP delivery efficiency. This includes making use of remote delivery and delivery via other support contracts the customer, such as Enterprise Support and aligning the service plan well in advance with the SAP delivery organizations.
* Align service plan with customer: The Senior TQM is able to react on short term needs for the customer and can also propose a long term plan to the customer to proactively avoid issues.
* Prepare the customer contacts for upcoming service delivery
* Prepare Remote and On-site teams with customer specific information
* Operations and Innovation Control Centers and Engineering Services delivery
* The goal of engagements is to implement and improve operations and bringing innovations without disruption into the customer landscape and processes. This is done best via installing Operations and Innovation Control Centers (OCC and ICC) at a customer, which are supported by the Mission Control Center, located at SAP.
Several Services exist to support ICCs and OCCs at a customer.
Engineering Services or Value Assurance Package services are delivered as a project. The TQM brings in subject matter expertise and can execute some of the activities. Senior TQM knows all principles of project management, ideally is a certified as project manager, and is driving scope definition. He or she ensures a consistent work stream (instead of single services), that include delivery by other experts, the customer and own activities. The Senior Engineering Services TQM also drives the integration to other work streams at the same customer.
* Establish SAP Solution Manager as collaboration platform
The Senior TQM establishes the SAP Solution Manager as a collaboration platform for
* Developing and driving detailed engagement plans
* Maintaining Service and action plans
* Measurement of KPIs agreed with the customer
* Executing and controlling projects in particular for DBS Engineering Services
* This includes showing the benefit of the Solution Manager as well as giving guidance on how to make the Solution Manager ready for delivery.
* Documentation and reporting of Engagement status, action and value
* Maintain and generate TQM reporting to customer and DBS providing the status of engagement deliverables, accomplishments, results of DBS interaction under SAP MaxAttention and SAP Active Embedded
* Enter and update the customer’s information and status in the customer’s SAP Solution Manager and other SAP internal systems, such as [email protected] Support.
* Take an active part in the Quarterly Meetings (executive meetings). Prepare the presentation used in this meeting, such as the Balanced Score Card, for the parts of the engagement delivered by her- or himself. Show the value delivered and convince the customer of the value for the next steps planned.
* Engagement Extension
* The Senior TQM successfully identifies how to continue the engagement and gives input to the Service and Support Lead or Engineering Architect for positioning the value to the customer.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations :
Job Segment: Information Technology, IT Manager, ERP, Engineer, Technology, Quality, Engineering