Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
You will help scale the regional team as our business continues to grow exponentially, and you will be tasked with providing comprehensive financial insight into our business, while pushing to improve efficiency and growth of both top and bottom line. You will help drive forecasting, planning initiatives, running with them to improve our business. So if you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the proven finance skills, experience, passion, and a deep team mentality - read on and get in touch! You will excel in this position if you have an entrepreneurial spirit, resourcefulness, and can handle the ever changing environment of a start up with a charisma that is consistent with the Uber brand.
What you'll do
- Business partnering - work closely with company leaders to develop financial forecasts and key performance indicators, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making that aligns capital and resource allocation with the company's strategic priorities
- Sophisticated financial and operational modeling - know how to create and work within existing complex models. Help us understand our business and opportunities
- Scale and transition from startup to mature enterprise - we need the best people on board to help us refine our processes, and ensure finance best practices and accountability are spread throughout the organization
- Planning - Help drive requirements and implementation for financial planning and business intelligence systems
- Special projects / ad hoc analyses - new initiatives, products, risks and opportunities are constantly arising. You will help evaluate and drive these important initiatives.
- Innovate - we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting. Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skillsets
- Help maintain relationships with HQ financial partners, including Financial Planning & Analysis, Strategic Pricing & Planning, Accounting, Financial Operations, and Financial Applications
What you'll need
- University Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering or similar
- English and Spanish fluency, Portuguese a plus
- 4 years in Banking, Management Consulting and/or Corporate finance / operational FP&A at either a high-growth tech startup or a large, well-established company
- Exceptional Excel / financial modeling skills. Best practices are second-nature, you can handle complexity but strive for simplicity
- Attention to detail balanced with swift execution. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well.
- Resourcefulness - tenacity, speed and passion are the lifeblood of Uber. We act quickly and deliver results because of our resourcefulness
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people. You possess the ability to distill complex analyses and nuanced problems into simple, logical frameworks with concrete action plans. High emotional intelligence and adept communication are required in our fast-moving environment
- Team player - this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
- Entrepreneurial self-starter - we don't have time or desire to monitor your work. You will take initiative, be proactive and resourceful, set and push toward solutions / goals in an exhilarating, rapidly-evolving environment
- Nice to have - SQL skills - the ability to self-serve, investigate and produce the data we require is key
- Nice to have - Systems - working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, healthcare
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.