Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Power Power Conversion
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Drive quality for assigned suppliers, including quality plan implementation. Select suppliers through qualification processes. Own supplier & customer results, drive improvements utilizing supplier scorecards. Own supplier audits, ensuring compliance, and driving improvement plans & metrics. Drive supplier accountability.
* Includes both Supplier Quality Assurance and Supplier Quality Development.
* Work with supplier to establish a structured approach for consistency and adherence to quality policy, procedures and requirements.
* Monitor on-going production quality, performance monitoring of suppliers, cost of failure and assisting key suppliers towards industrial standards of excellence.
* Assure Corrective and Preventive Action plans are developed and executed at assigned suppliers in compliance with QMS process.
* Lead qualifications for assigned commodities & projects. Assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability.
* Conduct supplier process audits, identify potential quality and compliance risk and work out solutions to eliminate it.
* Manage supplier deviation process and get approval by working with cross functional team members.
* Technical understanding of engineering drawings and ability to manage vendors.
* Actively participate in supplier performance reviews.
* Communicates with direct team and supervisor.
* Travel availability up to 20-30% of time.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in mechanical or industrial engineering or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Quality/Sourcing).
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering/quality assurance preferably in a motor manufacturing company or at least experience in a mechanical industrial environment including fabrication, machining, painting, casting and assembly.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Self-driven with ability to work independently.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Proven analytical and organizational ability.
* Fluent in English.