Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Requisition ID: 171429
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
General description of SAP Premium Engagements and TQM Purpose
A Technical Quality Manager (TQM) works for Premium Engagement customers, such as SAP MaxAttention or SAP Active Embedded. The aim of this role is to give customers a long term relationship with better access to SAP for topics related to operation and the adoption of digital innovation in their SAP centric solutions. The TQM drives that the right services out of the SAP portfolio of proactive and reactive support services are delivered at the right point in time. The TQM also acts as a link to all relevant SAP departments and the SAP Partners for all phases of the customer lifecycle.
The exact scope of a Premium Engagement is defined in a contract and additional agreements are made during the regular alignment meetings between the customer, the premium engagement lead, the TQMs and the SAP Account team.
The TQM needs to understand and has to work with several areas of a customer organization:
- Customer IT Department:
Usually the IT department is the main driver inside a customer organization for the Premium Engagement. The TQM has therefore to closely work with and understand the needs of the main stakeholders in the IT department. In the IT department also typically the project leads are located, which are main contact partners for Premium Engagements supporting implementation or maintenance projects.
- Customer Business Departments
To deliver value in the Premium Engagement the TQM has to understand the underlying business requirements of a customer. This includes understanding the “real-live” business of the customer with its requirements coming from the customer’s customers, the competitive market situation, the partner eco-system and the requirements of the end users.
- Customer Purchasing Department
To make sure the customer sees value in the engagement and will continue the engagement, the TQM also needs to understand why the customer has signed the Premium Engagement Contract.
The TQM can be a generalist with a strong technical background to organize support for the customer, or a specialist to support customers in particular areas directly or a mixture of both.
- Technical evaluation and documentation of customer situation
The Principal TQM gets a detailed understanding of the customer situation, including SAP solution landscape (on-premise and cloud) and roadmap, core business processes, interfaces, critical projects and top issues and makes sure they are documented in the SAP Solution Manager.
The Principal TQM is able to understand and judge importance of all issues raised and recommendations given in SAP DBS Services and can execute follow-up if necessary. He or she has a wide range of technology and application knowledge already and is able to quickly adopt technology and application knowledge required for holistic support of the specific customer solution. The Principal TQM uses his or her deep understanding of architectural design, advantages and limits of all SAP Products in use at the customer to design an appropriate engagement and support plan.
- Anticipation and identification of risks and top issues
- Anticipation and identification of technical risks and top issues.
- Drive prevention of risks and resolution of issues and top issues according to engagement deliverables
- Create an action plan for resolution of the customer‘s issues and top issues. Involve SAP Backoffice organization, SAP experts, as well as experts from the customer and partners.
- Drive the execution of action plans for the customer’s issues and top issues by coordinating the involvement of required SAP experts, as well as experts from the customer and partners onsite and remote during service delivery and root cause analysis activities
Decide about escalation of critical situations at the appropriate time to the appropriate organization, such as DBS Mission Critical Support, SAP DBS senior management, or the SAP Account Team.
Execution of the Engagement Plan
Execution of the “Engagement Plan” to safeguard and optimize projects and operations.
* Quality Management for Implementation or Upgrade Projects
* Analysis of system landscape and technical issues
* Technical analysis of core business processes for all applications
* Ensure test management is implemented according to SAP Standards
* Evaluation of the project plan
* Quality Management for Business Continuity
* Align necessary actions with customer for business continuity according to SAP Best Practices
* Ensure setup and training of customer for Root Cause Analysis
* Drive establishment of system monitoring procedures as well as monitoring of business process and interfaces
* Provide support to manage data volumes to control business data growth
* Business process monitoring and exception handling
* Quality Management for Business Process Improvement
* Identify top issues and improvement potential for the areas of
* System landscape
* Business processes
* Implementation of the Business Process in the Solution Landscape (incl. SAP and non- SAP applications).
* Drive implementation of the improvements found
* Quality Management for Protection of investment
* Develop/Validate master plan for IT-landscape strategy
* Release, update, and enhancement package strategy
* Avoid or minimize custom code / Influence customer that custom code is documented
* Make sure upgrade projects are executed according to SAP standards and support customer analyzing impact of custom code for upgrades
* Ensures change management control and request processes are implemented according to SAP standards
All of the above quality management actions include review of services delivered by SAP as part of the engagement, as well as technical analysis in the customer systems and discussions with main stakeholders from the customer or partner organizations and other SAP lines of business. Reviewing the success of actions done by the customer, SAP partners, and all SAP departments and adaption of the action and support plan is also included.
- Management of service and action plan
- Define a service plan based on customer’s project plan and top issues in accordance with the contract situation.
The Principal TQM knows the relevant SAP delivery portfolio and finds the best possible way to deliver effectively for maximizing the customer value and increasing SAP delivery efficiency. This includes making use of remote delivery and delivery via other support contracts the customer, such as Enterprise Support and aligning the service plan well in advance with the SAP delivery organizations.
The Principal TQM finds new and more efficient delivery models even at complex customers, for example by increasing remote delivery.
In addition, the Principal TQM is able to position delivery for larger projects of customers successfully with new innovative delivery models, such as the DBS Engineering Services.
* Align service plan with customer: The Principal TQM is able to react on short term needs for the customer and can also propose a long term plan to the customer to proactively avoid issues.
* Prepare the customer contacts for upcoming service delivery
* Prepare Remote and On-site teams with customer specific information
* Ensure that technical service results are translated into business impact for the customer
- Operations and Innovation Control Centers and Services delivery
The goal of engagements is to implement and improve operations and bringing innovations without disruption into the customer landscape and processes. This is done best via installing Operations and Innovation Control Centers (OCC and ICC) at a customer, which are supported by the Mission Control Center, located at SAP.
Several Services exist to support ICCs and OCCs at a customer. Engineering Services or Value Assurance Package services are delivered as a project. The TQM brings in subject matter expertise and can execute some of the activities. The Principal TQM knows all principles of project management, ideally is a certified as project manager, and is leading scope definition. He or she ensures a consistent work stream (instead of single services), that include delivery by other experts, the customer and own activities even in complex situations. The Principal TQM also drives the integration to other work streams at the same customer and takes over leadership for more than the engineering service delivered. This includes leading discussions with the customer and the SAP DBS team for integration of all other actions delivered at the customer, in particular for other LOBs.
To help driving innovations at the customer, the Principal TQM has to advise
* the innovation environment (e.g. HEC) including tools like the SAP model company and
* technical prerequisites and boundaries for innovations
- Establish SAP Solution Manager as collaboration platform
The Principal TQM expedites the SAP Solution Manager as a collaboration platform for
* Developing and driving detailed engagement plans
* Maintaining Service and action plans
* Measurement of KPIs agreed with the customer
* Executing and controlling projects in particular for DBS Engineering Services
This includes showing the benefit of the Solution Manager as well as giving guidance on how to make the Solution Manager ready for delivery.
- Documentation and reporting of Engagement status, action and value
- Maintain and generate TQM reporting to customer and DBS providing the status of engagement deliverables, accomplishments, results of DBS interaction under SAP MaxAttention and SAP Active Embedded
- Enter and update the customer’s information and status in the customer’s SAP Solution Manager and other SAP internal systems, such as [email protected] Support.
Take an active part in the Quarterly Meetings (executive meetings). Prepare the presentation used in this meeting, such as the Balanced Score Card, for the parts of the engagement delivered by her- or himself as well as for areas delivered by other TQMs if required. Show the value delivered and convince the customer of the value for the next steps planned. Can be the step-in for the premium engagement lead.
The Principal TQM successfully identifies how to continue the engagement delivered by him or herself as well as for other TQMs in the engagement. He or she either positions this value to the customer directly or significantly contributes to positioning done by the premium engagement lead.
- Communication to customer management
The Principal TQM is proficient in communication up to C-Level Management of mid-size companies up to the level of the CEO and is respected to represent SAP and influences successfully up to this management level.
- Manage critical situations
In production down situations the Principal TQM is able to take over the role of a De-escalation Architect to resolve customer issues. In cooperation with the SAP Mission Control Center, the Principal TQM works onsite or remote to resolve the situation. He or she accelerates issue resolution by giving guidance about customer requirements, pointing to the right customer contacts and by bringing up an executable action plan for issue resolution.
For critical situations in projects the Principal TQM is able to take over the role of the DBS Escalation Manager either directly or with a Coach from DBS Mission Critical Support.
- Manage maintenance at risk situations
The Principal TQM can identify maintenance at risk situations and can drive the development and execution of a plan to resolve the situation. He or she defines actions for the engagement team as well as the relevant SAP Backoffice organizations and drives creation of a business case for the customer and DBS.
- Training and mentoring
The Principal TQM can take over mentoring for new colleagues in the role of a TQM. He or she can show all delivery procedures and can also give guidance for handling critical situations in the engagement of the mentee. He or she is accepted by the peer group as a role model for all aspects of the TQM work. He or she openly shares his or her experience and receives consistently very good feedback for his or her advice.
- Input to SAP DBS
The Principal TQM gives input to the SAP service development organization for development of new service offerings suited to solve issues for her/his customer.
In addition, improvement potential for SAP engagement and service delivery is identified and communicated to the appropriate counterparts.
- Lead strategic initiatives
The Principal TQM is able to lead strategic initiatives or projects successfully, that have a significant impact to the success of a larger DBS team. This includes definition of actions to be done, as well as execution of key tasks and roll-out. The approach taken is innovative and successfully leads to new ways to serve external or internal customers.
Experience & Language Requirements
- Problem resolution: He/She is able to effectively resolve or drive resolution for problems that require the creation of new and innovative approaches
- Ability to manage Customer Solutions in top maintenance segment (level 1).
- Is able to manage enterprises of larger size and their solution landscape and contributes to the solution of critical customer issues.
- Good understanding of the SAP technology and understanding of SAP Business Suite (Application)
- Very good understanding of DBS tools (e.g. SAP Solution Manager) and is able to present and explain strategy and demonstrate capabilities to customers
- Communication to senior management in larger companies
- Learning quickly about new products or methods
- Experience as an DBS onsite service team lead, such as Solution Management Assessment, or as project manager for implementation projects
Bachelor in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or similar
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations :
Job Segment: Architecture, Change Management, ERP, Engineer, Developer, Engineering, Management, Technology